Paid Internships at Lazy Susan
- 35 hrs/week (includes some weekend hours)
- £14,000 per annum / £1,170 pcm
- Required to work weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) 1 week on 1 week off
- Candidates with French, German and English would be at an immediate advantage
From the early days of the company there has always been willing to give local students and graduates a chance to get involved in all elements of the business. Whether it’s a summer job, a first step into full time work or a work experience placement, we have found that when people are given these opportunities they grab them with both hands. This year we have actively recruited two business students from French and Germany universities to come over and complete an internship with us. They are helping to extend our business across Europe and making valuable contributions to the development and standardisation of business processes and systems. As well as the valuable experience they are picking up in the workplace, they are also getting a chance to live in a vibrant English city, meet new people and have some fun.
We are striving to create an environment where opportunity for professional growth, personal learning and development is actively encouraged and built into the structure of the organisation. Our success has been, and will continue to be down to the qualities of our people and providing exceptional customer service . Our challenge is to grow the business and to ensure high levels of personal performance are balanced with equally high levels of job satisfaction.
- driven by a desire to provide the highest quality customer experience for our customers
- fluent in writing and speaking either German, French, Dutch or Spanish as well as English in a business setting
- a strong interest and understanding of the online marketplace and consumer behaviour.
- used to identifying opportunities to do things differently, showing flexibility and a willingness to rise to the challenge.
- used to relying on initiative in an environment where not all processes and principles are always prescribed.
- commercially astute, with an entrepreneurial streak.
- flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business.
- strong attention to detail and a desire to always learn and improve
- confident decision maker with the ability to quickly define what needs doing and prioritise actions in order to get things done
- can interact with customers and others in the working environment showing empathy and integrity
- outlook to life that sees the opportunities rather than barriers.
Your track record
You may have experience, knowledge and success in some of the following areas;
- Providing an efficient and friendly experience for customers.
- Processing orders to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Handling sales enquiries and achieving high levels of conversion.
- Developing and improving customer experience through good website design, planning and testing.
- A good understanding and practical experience of SEO and its benefits.
- A Strong academic record
Other areas of experience that would be useful and we would be keen to support you to develop;
- Creating accurate, interesting, informative and localised content for social media, and other communication channels which has generated an interest in products and supports customers through their buying decisions.
- Writing copy for websites to a high standard.
- Moderating and maximising the use of customer generated content.
- Tracking sales performance and suggesting appropriate actions.
- Monitoring and analysing competitor activity and market trends and suggesting appropriate actions with regard to product promotions pricing, distribution and customer service.
- Identifying new and innovative ways to drive traffic to websites from all media channels.
- Coordinating the development of a brand identity and company voice across multiple media formats.
- Using integrated business processes and systems.
Your initial responsibilities
- Providing the highest level of customer service to our customers.
- Processing customer orders from various sales channels with speed and accuracy.
- Analysing content performance and visitor interaction data with a view to informing future actions and development of our online shops.
Your next steps….
- Read through the requirements carefully and be honest …. we are looking for dynamic people who can help take the company to the next level.
- Convince us in a supporting statement of no more than 150 words why you are right for us.
- Send in your CV and supporting document