Lazy Susan was founded in a garden shed and through exceptional customer service, superior products and the passion of our team we have become the market leader in metal garden furniture in the UK and have added five other European territories. It didn’t take long to move on from that shed.
Last year our turnover reached over £13M and we completed our first full year in our new offices in central Southsea. We also set up our subsidiary EU company based in the Netherlands, from where we are servicing a growing market in the EU.
We are restless and ambitious and 2022 sees us embarking on the next phase of development which will see the opening of our new distribution centre in Eastleigh, Southampton. We remain laser focused on digital and recognise that now is a key point of opportunity to develop the brand and the business. You can tell a lot about our values by looking at the “Do Some Good” campaign on our website. Ten percent of annual profits is donated to charity and ten percent is distributed to staff.
Supply chain coordinator
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Lazy Susan are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. Our success has been, and will continue to be, down to our people.
Position: Supply chain coordinator
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience)
More about the Role:
In line with our plans for development the company’s aims in the area of product and supply chain are clear
• Ensure best value and high quality products for our customers
• Ensure high levels of product availability
• Exceptional quality and care of product from factory to doorstep
This is a great opportunity for someone to come into a dynamic environment and help us to meet these ambitious aims. We are in a new phase of development with our buying team focused on new contracts with suppliers in the Far East as well as developing relationships with suppliers in Europe. You will work with the team to secure and standardise existing processes and develop new ones.
You will be working closely with suppliers and across company departments to ensure that we have enough product in the right warehouses to meet predicted demand.
You will provide support on the following tasks with a view to taking on increased responsibility for some if not all of these areas as your role develops.
• Work with purchasing and finance to create purchase orders for inbound inventory.
• Ensure that all suppliers invoices are accurate and processed within agreed timeframes.
• Keep all files and data systems up to date and accurate.
• Managing inventory and ensuring that all inventory records and data are accurate and up to date. (Stock Health check)
• Organise inventory transfers between warehouses within the UK and EU, including the preparation of all relevant documentation.
• Provide other areas of the business with timely updates and critical information as regards supply chain that will contribute to the smooth running of operations.
• Be the main point of communication for the company warehouse team and third party warehousing partners to ensure that they have key information regarding inbound supply and that a high standard of care of the inventory is maintained.
• Communicating with suppliers and freight partners to ensure that goods are delivered on time and to a high standard and that all relevant documentation is accurate.
• Negotiating terms and prices with suppliers
• Managing ocean freight ,arranging containers from Far East to UK and EU ports
• Implementing supply chain strategies, tracking goods from the origination point to the warehouse
• Analysing the supply chain data
A little about you:
Of course you demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills; with the ability to work under pressure, to manage multiple projects at one time, and to tight deadlines. You will have a positive attitude to your work and be flexible and open to new ideas. You will enjoy working in an environment where there is not always an easy answer, but it will often be your job to find the right one. You’ll show excellent ability to foster relationships both internally and externally, being a great ambassador for the company and brand. You will be someone who will embrace the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be willing to roll up your sleeves for the team.
Lazy Susan Ltd recruits and develops people entirely on merit. Our success has been, and will continue to be, down to our people. Our challenge is to grow the business and to ensure high levels of personal performance are balanced with equally high levels of job satisfaction and professional growth.
We offer genuine fast track opportunities matched by generous incentive plans and employee benefits for high performers, including participation in our annual staff bonus and share option schemes.
The role will be based in our Portsmouth office with an understandable element of home working. Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per year