It’s barbeque season, which only means one thing – Delicious BBQ food and great company!
When hosting a barbeque, it’s easy to get carried away with the cooking.
To save your efforts and leave you with more time to spend more time socialising with your friends and family, we’ve got some of the easiest and tastiest BBQ recipes that you can cook in under 40 minutes.
Chicken Tikka Skewers
Takes 20 mins prep, 20 mins cook | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 150g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp hot or mild curry paste
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholemeal chapatis
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g lamb’s lettuce
- Handful chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in a bowl or tray of cold water to prevent them from burning.
- Mix the curry paste and yoghurt in a bowl, then add the chicken. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- In a large bowl, toss together the red onion, cucumber, coriander and lemon juice. This is your salad. Put it into the fridge and let it chill while you cook the chicken.
- Shake off any excess marinade and put the chicken and tomatoes onto the skewers. Grill them on the BBQ for 15-20 minutes, turning them regularly until they’re cooked through and lightly browned.
- In the meantime, warm the chapatis and combine the lettuce with the salad. It’s now ready to eat!
Sweet Chilli Chicken Drumsticks
These sweet chilli chicken drumsticks from All Recipes are a crowd-pleaser – even the little ones will love them. With the perfect blend of sweetness and spice, they’re delicious served with couscous, rice, pasta… You name it!
Takes 10 mins prep, 20 mins cook | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Super easy
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- Mix the honey, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a large bowl. Put a little bit of the marinade into a small dish for basting.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Once hot, lightly oil the barbecue cooking grate. Place the drumsticks on the grate and cook for 10 minutes on each side or until they’re thoroughly cooked through. During the last 5 minutes, baste the chicken frequently with the reserved sauce for extra flavour.
Garlic & Honey King Prawns
Seafood fan? Then you’ll love these garlic and honey king prawn skewers from Tesco Real Food. They’re quick and easy to make and perfect for guests who prefer seafood over chicken and beef.
Takes 5 mins prep, 15 mins marinating, 4 mins cook | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Super easy
- 500g raw king prawns
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp runny honey
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Black pepper
- If you’re using frozen prawns, defrost them in the fridge overnight using a non-metallic bowl.
- Soak your wooden skewers in a bowl or tray for roughly 30 minutes.
- Make your marinade by combining sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, lemon and coriander. Peel and crush the garlic and stir into the sauce with the black pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the prawns and mix, thoroughly coating them. Cover the prawns and leave them to marinate for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Thread the prawns onto the skewers and put them on the barbeque, turning them once and basting them with the marinade. Cook them for 3-4 minutes or until they’re pink throughout. Serve them with brown rice and a large mixed leaf salad with a dash of light balsamic dressing.
Feeling inspired? Then why not give one of these BBQ recipes a go?